Archive -- Fall 2015 Council Meeting - Indianapolis, IN
Friday, October 16, 2015 8:00 AM Sunday, October 18, 2015 2:00 PM
Friday, October 16, 2015 - Sunday, October 18, 2015
Host Hotel & Meeting Site:
Crowne Plaza at Union Station (Adjacent To Amtrak & Intercity Bus Station)
123 West Louisiana St
Indianapolis, IN 46255
Public Transportation To & From Indianapolis:
Amtrak Service – Advance Reservations Required!
Cardinal – Operates Tri-weekly from Chicago to New York City via Indianapolis, Charleston, WV & Washington, DC
- Westbound from points east – Arrives into Indianapolis at 5:20am on Mondays, Thursday and Saturday ONLY
- Eastbound to points east – Departs from Indianapolis at 11:59pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday ONLY
Hoosier State – Operates Daily from Chicago to Indianapolis (in conjunction with tri-weekly Cardinal)
- Eastbound from Chicago and Intermediate stops – Arrives into Indianapolis at 11:50pm daily
- Westbound to Chicago and Intermediate stops – Departs from Indianapolis at 6:00am daily
Intercity Bus Service – Greyhound operates many intercity routes to/from Indianapolis
Air Service – Indianapolis International Airport
- Multiple major airlines including Southwest serve Indianapolis
- Taxi fare from airport to hotel is ~$38.00
Full Meeting Agenda (Revised to 10-8-15)
Friday, October 16, 2015: Tour of Amtrak’s Beech Grove Maintenance Facility
- Tour Is Open To NARP Members ONLY! (JOIN NOW)
- Tour Participants Must, At A Minimum, Register To Participate In Saturday's 'A Connected America' Advocacy Day. Tour ONLY Registrations Will NOT Be Permitted.
Saturday, October 17, 2015: 'A Connected America' Advocacy And Learning Day – 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Speakers, Presentations and Panel Discussions Of Interest To All Rail Advocates And Supporters
- NARP Membership Is Not Required (But Strongly Encouraged) To Participate In Saturday's Events
- Saturday Registration Will Include Breakfast, Breaks And Lunch
- Special Discounted Student Registration Fee Will Be Offered
Sunday, October 18, 2015: NARP Business Sessions And Keynote Lunch Speaker – 8:00am to 2:00pm
- Registration Will Include Breakfast, AM Break And Lunch
- NARP Membership Is NOT Required To Participate In Sunday's Events
Dress Preferance: Business Casual For All Events... (Jacket & Ties Are NOT Required)
Registration Options Available:
- Full ‘All Events’ Package - Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Friday Tour; All Events Saturday; All Events Sunday - (Includes Tour Lunch, Sat. Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks; Sun. Breakfast, Lunch & Break) - $200.00 per person - NARP Membership Is Required For This Package (JOIN NOW)
- Beech Grove Tour & ‘A Connected America’ Day - Friday & Saturday ONLY! - Friday Beech Grove Tour & All Events Saturday - (Includes Tour Lunch, Sat. Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks) - $130.00 per person - NARP Membership Is Required For This Package (JOIN NOW)
- ‘A Connected America’ Day - Saturday ONLY! - All Events On Saturday - (Includes Sat. Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks) - Regular Participants $95.00 per person; Special Student Discount Rate $35.00 per student (Current Valid Student ID Is Required) - NARP Membership NOT Required For Saturday ONLY Participation.
- ‘A Connected America’ Day & NARP Business Day - Saturday & Sunday ONLY - All Events Saturday & All Events Sunday - Includes Sat. Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks; Sun. Breakfast, Lunch & Break) - $175.00 per person - NARP Membership Is NOT Required
- NARP Business Day - Sunday ONLY - All Events Sunday - (Includes Sun. Breakfast, Lunch & Break) - $85.00 per person - NARP Membership Is NOT Required
NOTE: Friday Beech Grove Tour ONLY Registration Is NOT Available!
Hotel Reservations: (Information Revised To 10/12/15)
The NARP Group Rate Rooms At The Crowne Plaza Are Now SOLD-OUT!
Rooms At The Crowne Plaza May Be Available For Thursday, Friday And Saturday Evenings At The Full Rack Rate Of ~$235.00. Please Contact The Crown Plaza Directly To Inquire And/Or Make Reservations.
Additional Nearby Downtown Area Hotel Options With Availability (As of 10/12/15) For Thursday Night, 10/15; Friday Night, 10/16 & Saturday Night, 10/17 Include:
350 West New York Street, Indianapolis, IN
.9 miles (16 minute walk) from the Crown Plaza
Regular Rate from $159.00 per night
IMPORTANT NOTE: There Are NO Rooms Available On Sunday Evening, October 18 At The Crown Plaza Or At Any Other Downtown Area Hotel Due To A Home Football Game On Sunday Evening And A Large City-Wide Convention. .
A Variety Of Hotels Outside The Downtown Core Area Do Have Rooms Available For Sunday Evening, October 18. Most Of These Options Would Be ~10 Miles Away
For More Information On Hotel Accomodations Or If You Have Questions Please Contact Bruce Becker at [email protected] or 716-880-7291
Crowne Plaza Hotel Parking Information:
Self-Parking Is Available In The Adjacent Pan Am Plaza Garage. Rates Vary Up To A Maximum Of $22.00 Per 24 Hours. Self Parkers Must PayThe Applicable Hourly Rate Upon Departing The Garage After Each Use (i.e. There Are No In & Out Privileges)
Valet Parking Is Offered By The Crowne Plaza At $36.00 Per Night, With Unlimited In & Out Privileges. Valet Charges Are Billed To Your Room Account.
Other Nearby Parking Options Can Found At The Downtown Indy Parking Information Website!
Don't Delay In Registering...As Of 10/1/15 There Are Less Than 5 Seats Available For Friday's Beech Grove Tour! All Registrations Are Accepted On A 'First Registered - First Accomodated' Basis, Regardless Of NARP Leadership Position Or Membership Category...
Beech Grove Tour Open to NARP Members Only: JOIN NOW
"We would not be in the position we’re in if it weren’t for the advocacy of so many of you, over a long period of time, who have believed in passenger rail, and believe that passenger rail should really be a part of America’s intermodal transportation system."
Secretary Ray LaHood, U.S. Department of Transportation
2011 Spring Council Meeting